Call Number: 1987.007
Extent: 0.1 Linear feet, in one oversize manuscript box
The Coney Island Jockey Club was founded during the late 19th century by Leonard Jerome and William Kissam Vanderbilt. During its early existence the club held horse races at the Propect Park fairgrounds, and in 1880 the club built the Sheepshead Bay Race Track, where its races were held thereafter. The collection spans the period 1889 to 1899 and contains the club’s founding resolution; programs broadsides; and ephemera, such as passes, badges, and tickets from races organized by the club.
- Coney Island Jockey Club
- Coney Island (New York, N.Y.)
- Sheepshead Bay (New York, N.Y.)
- Clubs — New York (State) — Kings County
- Horse racing — New York (State) — Kings County
- Sports — New York (State) — Kings County
Types of material:
- Articles of incorporation.
- Programs (documents)