Call Number: ARC.216
Extent: 0.32 Linear feet, in four folders and one oversize scrapbook.
This collection includes materials dating from 1863 to 1957 documenting the peacetime activities of the NGSNY 23rd (later 106th) Infantry Regiment, as well as the Regiment’s service in the Civil War and World War I. Items include muster rolls and member lists, dinner and event programs and invitations, regimental histories, news clippings, photographs, and issues of the Regiment’s journals, The Guardsman and Vigilantia. Also included are two scrapbooks of decorations, notes and correspondence, photographs, clippings, and ephemera. One scrapbook commemorates a rifle match between the NGSNY 23rd Regiment and the 13th Regiment of the Pennsylvania National Guard at Gettysburg in 1893, while the other relates to the 23rd Regiment’s visit to Gettysburg in 1904. The latter scrapbook is oversized and is housed separately from the rest of the collection. Finally, the collection contains a small number of items documenting the Veteran Association of the 23rd Regiment’s Company A, including a dinner and meeting announcement and a single volume containing the Association’s constitution, amendments, and membership lists with autograph signatures and addresses for each member.
- New York (State). National Guard. Infantry Regiment, 106th
- New York (State). National Guard. Infantry Regiment, 23rd. Company A. Veteran Association
- New York (State). National Guard. Infantry Regiment, 23rd
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)
- New York (State) — History — Civil War, 1861-1865 — Regimental histories
- United States — History — Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States — History — Civil War, 1861-1865 — Veterans
- Soldiers — New York (State) — Kings County
- Veterans — New York (State) — Kings County
- Veterans — New York (State) — Kings County — Societies, etc.
- World War, 1914-1918
Types of material:
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Journals (periodicals)
- Membership lists
- Muster rolls
- Programs (documents)