Call Number: V1974.036
Extent: 1.34 Linear feet, in one oversize box and one folder.
The Prospect Park exhibit photography collection contains 33 items and ranges in date from 1877 to circa 1975, with the bulk of materials dating from 1889 to 1897. The collection includes oversize photographs, prints, stereographs, and postcards. Items in the collection show scenes of Prospect Park, such as landscapes, statues, arches, bridges, lakes, and recreational activities, namely bicycling and ice skating. Also included is a photograph of Colored School No. 2 in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn. Items in the collection were part of a Brooklyn Historical Society exhibit on Prospect Park in the late 1980s.
- Brooklyn Historical Society (Brooklyn, New York, N.Y.)
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)
- Prospect Park (New York, N.Y.)
- Landscape photography — New York (State) — Kings County
- Outdoor recreation
- Parks — New York (State) — Kings County
Types of material:
- Picture postcards